Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mia Palencia, Sabahan Jazz Princess


Why princess coz she'sjust to young(23 yo) to be a queen., and less drama at that. But are there any other jazz singer in Sabah? Heck..hail Queen Mia!!! All you peasants..kneel to the queen! (daymn,I forgot my whip)..

Have you heard here new album released in 2008? "Finding My Way".

“This album is dedicated to the state of Sabah, where I was born and where I found my Muse.Though I travel the world in search of adventure, I will always find my way back to you”.

In April 2008, Mia Palencia launched her very first solo album titled, “Finding My Way“. This sensational 10-track album (with 1 bonus track included!) features music and lyrics written, AND produced by Mia herself! Wow, talk about multi-talented! Mia has definitely got it all! As i sit here writing this post while listening to her album, i find myself captivated by her breezy voice, and the soothing, fresh melodies of her songs.

Each and every track from this album tells a story of its own. A story that reflects life, feelings and the everyday things around us which we (the normal people) would overlook, but Mia reaches out to it and captures it into her songs. “Finding My Way“ is definitely an album to wind-down with after a hectic busy day at work, or at school.

Oh, and just so you know, this proud Sabahan chick had most of the tracks from the album recorded here, in Kota Kinabalu(which is also Mia’s hometown) ! Well, to sum it up, Mia has definitely found her way at last!

No comments: